Saturday 16 February 2013



Exodus 4:10-13 Moses said to the Lord, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” The Lord said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” But Moses said, “O Lord, please send someone else to do it.” 

Jeremiah 1:4-6, 8 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,before you were born I set you apart;I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” “Ah, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.” Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. 

Writing is my thing. I don't really do so well with talking to people or in many types of relationships. I feel that if I share, others will feel they can share. But it doesn't really work that way. I don't feel comfortable asking people too many questions because I want others to share because they want to and not because I have asked. Yet that makes people feel as if I might not be interested. I have been hurt in the past in certain relationships and so I feel I can't invade someone else's space. But maybe praying in secret, caring for someone in secret can also be seen as giving in secret. Our Father hears. I've not been overly concerned on how I might look to others or what my social web looks like to others. 

What I find most interesting about these scriptures is that so many will say that they don't have a gift for a certain ministry or that they couldn't witness because it is just not comfortable for them. I really believe that we can be called to do anything. Regardless of how we feel or what we know, all  Christ needs is faith and willingness. Our lives are not our own and we are constantly trying to make them our own. Perhaps the things we feel most uncomfortable with actually are the things that we should be doing. Perhaps we should be extremely careful how we answer when we are asked to do something we might not have thought to do ourselves. Try to evaluate everything carefully and be open to the idea that just maybe you are being called to do something you just don't want to do or have the gift or confidence for.

No comments:

Post a Comment