Thursday 14 February 2013


Lamentations 3:22-24 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;therefore I will wait for him.” 
Lamentations 5:19-22 You, O Lord, reign forever;your throne endures from generation to generation. Why do you always forget us?Why do you forsake us so long? Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may return;renew our days as of old unless you have utterly rejected us and are angry with us beyond measure.
- Lord, it feels consuming sometimes. And I feel as if Your compassion is that of human nature, though I know it isn't. My experience with people is that they don't understand and just can't know. Also,that which I am going through is insignificant.That the pain I feel is imagined or hormonal. That men don't understand....but You are beyond male or female. 
-Time is supposed to heal, but is it because we are so simple-minded that we forget? Yet every morning you greet me where I am at and You don't change. You continue to be faithful even while I am not.
-Waiting is tough. Especially when you are not exactly sure what you are waiting for. I felt so sure You were leading me/us down a path. That this was a gift. But the gift is pain. I will not deny that You are still God in all this. 
-I do feel forgotten and alone. I have lost the ability to cry out to You. I don't know how. I don't know how to be. I don't want to question You in the sense that I might know better. But I don't want to give up feeling like You are there in the small things or the happy things.
-I feel as if there are many obstacles in my way. Quite often it's people specifically. Like if they don't do what they should, I will be powerless to change my situation. But You are more powerful than any one person or situation. I can't let those be excuses. 
- I do believe that I am still blessed. But I don't want to live in the blessing and deny the pain. People don't want to hear us complain, but it is the pain that connects us to other people. I have no idea how to share the pain or who wants to share it. We are often made to believe that we have to bear these crosses on our own. Jesus did. He also did ask for help, but was ignored by his disciples and had to be ignored by His Father. And those who didn't ignore him could never have understood. Though my pain is so small and insignificant compared to His, he does know our pain. Pain is personal, but not too personal for Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment