Tuesday 22 November 2011

Judgements

We all judge others whether we are Christians or not. I saw a young man walk into McDonald's today with jeans on and paint covering every centimeter of his jeans. Hmmm, hard worker, why doesn't he wear coveralls? He had tattoos covering his arms like sleeves and the word "hope" on his fingers. Interesting. I wonder what all his tattoos say and why he got them. I could see other people noticing him. He placed his tray down on the table and then proceeded to pray; to thank God for his food. Something I forgot to do for my fast food meal. Then I thought, he does have a kind face. There is hope in his eyes. I can't claim to know his heart now, but God does. And it isn't important what I think. None of us can claim that we never judge another person. Yet, as Jesus' love shines through us, we find it easier to move past what we see with our limited vision. We are called only to love, not to judge. I think we need to ask Christ daily to be with us in every interaction with anybody who crosses our path. I personally probably have a harder time with other people than I actually did have with the young man I saw today, but he did get me thinking. What kinds of people am I hard on and how do I try to justify myself? 
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting". Psalm 139:23&24

1 comment:

  1. "What kinds of people am I hard on and how do I try to justify myself?" That's a really good way to word it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete